Organization: Financial Services Forum
Position: Research Associate
Summary of the Opportunity
The Financial Services Forum seeks an Associate to support the economic and financial analysis produced by the Forum’s policy research group. The group consists of the Director, one Managing Director, and the Research Associate. In addition, the Research Associate will be expected to work with other areas within the Forum (Government Affairs, Communications) to ensure that policy research outputs are made available and are useful to these groups.
The Research Associate will be expected to learn about all facets of large banking organizations and financial regulation that are relevant for achieving the Forum’s goals. The research associate will work closely with the members of the policy research group to produce high-quality policy research output.
The Financial Services Forum is an economic policy and advocacy organization whose members are the chief executive officers of the eight largest and most diversified financial institutions headquartered in the United States. Forum member institutions are a leading source of lending and investment in the United States and serve millions of consumers, businesses, investors, and communities throughout the country. The Forum promotes policies that support savings and investment, deep and liquid capital markets, a competitive global marketplace, and a sound financial system.
Specific duties include:
- Quantitative analysis of banking data (Y9-C, Call Report) to identify and quantify emerging trends and patterns, e.g. lending, small business lending, systemic risk measures, capital and liquidity measures.
- Construct and maintain ongoing and regular analysis of key financial and economic metrics (earnings, lending, capital, liquidity) that will be used to inform our view and the public’s view of the impact that our members have on the macroeconomy.
- Development of presentations and other materials to effectively and clearly communicate quantitative data to a range of audiences – government officials, regulators, the public.
- Identify issues and data points that can be used to illustrate qualitative points and arguments that serve the interests of our member institutions.
- Collaborate with other policy research group members to produce high quality policy research output that will take the form of white papers, blog posts, and research briefs.
- Work with policy research staff to stay abreast of emerging banking and financial research of relevance to the Forum’s members and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Degree in a quantitative field (economics, finance, statistics), interest in banking and financial regulation, experience with data analysis using complex financial data, experience with statistical programming languages (e.g. STATA, EVIEWS), experience with standard office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), strong written and oral communication skills, problem solver and self-starter.
This position reports to the Director of Policy Research.
Salary and Benefits
The Forum will offer a competitive package of compensation and other benefits to the successful candidate
Equal Opportunity Employment
Persons with mental or physical disabilities as defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act are eligible for this position if they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodations are made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible for this position.
The Financial Services Forum provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We do not discriminate based on race, color, genetic information, religion, creed, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, citizenship status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, matriculation, political affiliation of any individual, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
The above-referenced job description is a guideline designed to present an overview of the position and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of responsibilities and requirements.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.