Organization: Financial Services Forum
Position: Communications Associate, Digital Media and Design
Summary of the Opportunity
The Financial Services Forum seeks an Associate to lead digital media and design as an integral member of the communications team. The associate is responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring social media, website, and other digital communications to amplify the Forum’s messages and positions. The associate will also lead the Forum’s design efforts for digital and other work products and oversee the upkeep of internal databases. Creativity, strong written and oral communication skills, technical know-how, and a desire to be a dynamic, positive team player are all “musts.”
The Financial Services Forum is an economic policy and advocacy organization whose members are the chief executive officers of the eight largest and most diversified financial institutions headquartered in the United States. Forum member institutions are a leading source of lending and investment in the United States and serve millions of consumers, businesses, investors, and communities throughout the country. The Forum promotes policies that support savings and investment, deep and liquid capital markets, a competitive global marketplace, and a sound financial system.
An integral member of the Forum’s communications team, the Associate develops and implements digital strategy, content, messaging, and other elements across the Forum’s website, social media channels, and other digital marketing initiatives:
- Directs and manages Forum website, including design and content management system updates, writing and editing website copy, crafting and implementing creative elements, and coordination with outside vendors for hosting and technical updates
- Manages Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media channels for the Forum, handling day-to-day organic and paid strategy, execution, and engagement
- Maintains weekly editorial calendar for all digital products, prioritizing messaging based on current events and priorities in coordination with members of the Forum team
- Creates graphics, videos, and other design elements for presentations, reports, social media, meeting materials, etc.; leads work with outside vendors to deliver advanced design projects on time and on budget
- Delivers content sent via email to subscribers and maintains relevant databases
- Directs SEO and analytics of social media, message delivery, and website, developing strategies to maximize impact and providing regular metrics reporting
- Keeps up to date on trends in social and other electronic media, including best practices, trends, technologies, and rules
- Assists other Forum team members on research, events, planning, media, marketing, and other items as needed
- Helps prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Tracks media coverage
- Advises on social media leadership accounts
- Tracks social media of member firms, relevant trade groups, bank regulatory agencies, Capitol Hill committees, and other social media accounts of interest to the Forum
- Maintains database related to contributions of member firms across the country
- Ensures adhesion to Forum brand in all public-facing products
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have experience in digital media and design. Incumbent will have experience with website design and updating, social media strategy, and design of digital and non-digital products. Other requirements include strong written and oral communication skills, creativity, attention to detail, and an ability to be a flexible, positive team player. Strong candidates will be able to move quickly when needed while also possessing a knack for thinking strategically about the medium and long term.
Experience in WordPress, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products required. Experience using InDesign required; working knowledge of rest of Adobe Creative Suite desired. Knowledge of Cision or a similar media database a plus, but not required. Interest in politics and banking desired.
This position reports to the Chief Communications Officer.
Salary and Benefits
The Forum will offer a competitive package of compensation and other benefits to the successful candidate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Persons with mental or physical disabilities as defined by the Americans With Disabilities Act are eligible for this position if they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodations are made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible for this position.
The Financial Services Forum provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We do not discriminate based on race, color, genetic information, religion, creed, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, citizenship status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, matriculation, political affiliation of any individual, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
The above-referenced job description is a guideline designed to present an overview of the position and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of responsibilities and requirements.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.